Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Updating, marketing and the blog

I am very pleased to have feeds and web links merged into my blog page as it saves checking multiple updating sources. The SMH Technology update seems to go straight to SMH updates in general. I should to monitor the blog more closely over the next few days to check whether the update snippets are indeed updating ... ? Much information still seems to be offered as enewsletters only. I moved from Mosman Library's impressive video feeds to the local legal deposit publisher behind much of the material discussed, Allen & Unwin. Unfortunately both Allen & Unwin and the ABC Tuesday Book Club pages offer enewsletters only, no feeds. Via Allen & Unwin though, you can access individual authors' blogs and web pages ... no end to the literary meandering ...
from
http://www.allenandunwin.com/default.aspx?page=311&author=110
to Jodi Picoult web feature
http://www.jodipicoult.com.au/
which includes an official video trailer for the latest release 'Change of Heart'!
Fans like me can then swap to Jodi's discussion page
http://www.jodipicoult.com/
and sign up for more video trailers and 'behind the scenes' video action, MP3 images and podcasts, message board, enews and even a dedicated enewsletter for Aus fans 'Picoult Pssst ...'
http://www.jodipicoult.com.au/picoultpsst.htm
Wow, I shall return here when investigating podcasts for this web 2.0 course.
The web links circle back to Allen & Unwin of course with accessible reviews of 'Nineteen Minutes' (Picoult's take on an American school shooting) to accompany the first chapter downloadable from jodipicoult.com. If short podcsts dont satisfy I notice we can purchase unabridged digital editions through one click tabs for Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Audible.com.
I'm still quite happy with the physicality of printed pages, but the world is an increasingly wonderful place for digital afficionados. Literature can still follow where the ipod rules!
In all this I went in search of more widespread rss feed icon availability, but it seems enews is often the preferred option ... more simple perhaps ...

No comments: