There is no end to the world of wikis and cross referenced digital pages! I am so impressed by the wikis and websites mounted by interest groups. Of particular interest for my team in Reader Services are the sample wikis from historical and research groups. Once encouraged to take up the 2.0 challenge more widely, I'm sure the team can have a valuable discussion on potential wiki roles for our work. Guides, procedures and research feedback could be useful subjects; likewise new reference or interest book reviews or commentary. Clients may be keen to add review information as the Princeton readers' blog proved. Completely collaborative and participatory ones like those on all our home towns just offer an enticement to start wiki publishing ... so much more that could be included, particularly where I grew up in Turramurra on Sydney's North Shore.
Off and gaining a little speed ... and hopefully taking others along!

1 comment:
You have some excellent ideas for using wikis in our work - I hope you've added them to the project wiki at http://slnswlearning2.pbwiki.com/Ideas-for-using-wikis-at-the-State-Library
Email slnsw2.0@gmail.com if you need to be invited to contribute to the wiki.
Mylee (PLS)
Post a Comment