Monday, May 19, 2008

flickr experiment

Have had a wonderful time putting up some of my SLNSW photos that I took over the 2007/2008 summer to add to a Christmas/Birthday present commuter's diary. http://www.flickr.com/photos/26719250@N08/ Unlike every other flickr tourist photographer, I do not have a photo of the Mitchell entrance steps. My commuting path does not follow that direction, although having been lucky enough to get a lift into town from the North Shore last week, I am very tempted by the view from lower Macquarie St across to the Mitchell steps, through the autumn colours around Shakespeare Place. I find Macquarie St and surrounds a wonderful venue for photographs with warm stone, all sorts of clocktowers, roofscapes and ironwork and an endless variety of architecture and people reflected in expanses of coloured window glass.
The palms and ferns at the State Library entrance provide welcoming light and shade patterns for the passing public also. Architectural adjustment may underline this welcome with an entrance into the Reading Rooms that will promise "to amaze". Early Saturday evening just past I was pleased to be with some quite amazed library clients (visitors from Europe) as they had a very fat brush-tailed possum land at their feet near the palms at the front of the State Library in Macquarie St. The possum then obliged by climbing a metre off the ground, wrapping itself elegantly around the rough trunk and staring with full possum style curiosity at the rapt photographers for several minutes. I am not sure how study had proceeded the rest of the day, but the possum performance ensured SLNSW will remain with these clients as a wonderful visit! ... somewhere on flickr there may even now be a photo!

No comments: