Having spent too much time with Lite TILT, Full TILT (the Texas Information Literacy Tutorial), and hybrid versions, I could not resist putting in this ad for Full Tilt Jousting at Lithgow Ironfest this Anzac weekend.
Last year, I realised just how specialised is this modern pursuit of past worlds of metal, armaments, reenactments and battle. For participants, every encounter is a complex technical learning experience, every weekend an opportunity to explore historical sources or authentic costumes and weapons making. Whatever one's view on warfare, the information gathering, revival of skills and crafts, and demand for authenticity is as impressive as the ground shaking 'Battle of Lithgow' ... even down to cold nights spent under historic canvas on straw palliasses.

1 comment:
Thanks for your comments about Ironfest - I am sure in some strange way that the internet has made it easier to do historical re-enactment as it is easier to connect up with like minded individuals and with technical specialists.
Ellen (PLS)
Post a Comment