Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Nibbling at the edges ...


Tuesday 24th March

How am I learning? I am concentrating on a limited number of tasks; repeating procedures; gaining confidence in exercising independent quality control; checking myself against written and online manuals; working through queries with the online manuals; asking fewer questions of my colleagues; and starting to pick up the threads of administrative duties. As has always been my custom, I stay aware of surrounding work conversations; building up knowledge of others queries and expectations; measuring what I could offer against solutions offered by others. Later it will be my role to analyse problems and offer advice. At the moment I am familiarising myself with team strengths and routines by listening and observing; watching localised organisational patterns in action. I am testing out information gathering pathways pretested and preloved in other areas of the organisation; evaluating and rebuilding; setting up new pathways for information collection; recording this incremental, but not necessarily linear growth of information.

No comments: