Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Experimental posting 1

Working in a large library allows for learning opportunities that are seldom explored to the full. I have seen most of those opportunities in print form, in older collections, in unique artists' books, in the miscellaneous newscuttings and photographic collections of people's lives ... now I am being given an opportunity to follow up new ways of assembling and detailing and linking thoughts to these treasures. I am never a first rush user of any innovative technology and have also been quite indolently happy to let others organise technology based access. The challenge is to change these behaviours and join the bewilderingly wide world of communication options ...
given blogs have now been adopted by major cultural institutions across the world, perhaps facebooking and youtubing is all but outdated ... what will be next to further stimulate the development of multi-layered patterning in our hitherto lateral brains!
I was told by one of yesterday's clients: 'the reading room is like something from Harry Potter' ... all things must therefore be possible ...

1 comment:

slnsw_learning_2.0 said...

I hope they were comparing the reading room to Hogwarts not Gringotts the wizards bank??
Mylee (PLS)